Your email*

Opinion [Conversation]

ipads

Started on Sep 01, 2012 by klawart
Last post on Feb 04, 2013

How do you feel about ipads for elementry art?

1 Keeps, 0 Likes, 5 Comments

• AmyHall 09/02/2012 at 10:21am
    Great! if they are in the budget. I only have one ipad, my personal one, but allow my kids to use a couple preloaded apps (with supervision).

I'm working on getting an ipad projector, which i think will help a ton!

• allisonmp 09/02/2012 at 03:45pm
    I use an ipad in my elementary art class, and I LOVE it. I use it instead of a document camera, where I have it propped up and connected to a projector so students can see my demonstration live and up close and huge on the wall. I also am able to take pictures of artwork very easily. It is also an easy way to get the students locked in and interested, even when all I am showing on the ipad are the standards and objectives. They love it! I have not yet allowed for games or anything, just because it is always hooked up to my projector.

• ronnidart 09/23/2012 at 05:03pm
    Great idea. I am having difficulty traveling from room to room with the document camera and the projector and all the other stuff I need. The Ipad may be a good solution.

• Hope200 02/04/2013 at 05:25pm
    A year ago, I won 7 Nooks on Donorschoose.org. One was stolen. Since then, students have to give me one shoe when they use a Nook. The problem was when a student came in between classes, and took it. He wasn't from our art class.
    So having a security system of some sort is imperative. Hence, the shoes.
    I have a Nook log where students must read a book first, then they can play a game. They have to record the names of both on their log.
    Our school recently acquired iPads for a class. I am dying to try them in art, and have been compiling lists of good art sites. I find lots of ideas for art and iPads on Pinterest.