Your email*

General [Question]

How do you display student art?

Started on Sep 03, 2012 by jfrisco
Last post on Jun 01, 2013

I always wonder about the BEST way to display student art. Details please. Adhesive, matting, art show, process etc...

3 Keeps, 3 Likes, 5 Comments

• SuperMrsGardner 09/06/2012 at 03:56pm
    Any artwork that I have to hang in a show I do a "no-no". I laminate it. It lasts better and fades less. If the venue supplies felt boards I attach the hook part of hook and loop tape to the back. In my classroom I have suspended two wires and use clothes pins to hang work. No pin holes that way.

• jfrisco 09/06/2012 at 05:57pm
    I like the wire and clothespin idea... :) I really dislike damaging the art.

• rachinator 02/28/2013 at 06:19pm
    I completely disagree with laminating art. I matt the work and display them in glass cases. Previously I had cork board strip that I pinned the work to, but now I have two glass cases; one has two easels and a skeleton usually announcing the project title or artists names. The other case isn't as deep and is wall mounted. I hang about 10 pieces in there at a time. Students get a sticker instead of their work back to let them know that they "made it to the case".

I use matt board, and a posterboard or thin cardboard for the backing. The backing is attached with high quality masking tape.

• Hope200 05/19/2013 at 09:56am
    Since I don't have a budget, I have to display student art with what I have. That means simply, stapling to large sheets of butcher paper and then hanging up. It gets the job done!

• artcsara 06/01/2013 at 07:50am
    I mat/frame the work with black construction paper than I hot glue "dots" to the back corners of the work onto butcher/roll paper. The hot glue dots peel off easily when removed. This way the original piece is intact and I've only taken off a small layer of the black construction paper. Using the hit glue is fast and a timesaver.