Your email*

Resources [Question]

Community Link

Started on Sep 15, 2012 by Jenncook678
Last post on Sep 26, 2012

How does your art room reach out to the community?

0 Keeps, 0 Likes, 5 Comments

• Jenncook678 09/15/2012 at 05:44am
    I feel that it is important to showcase art's potential and relevance not only in the school but in the community as well. I'm wondering what kind of community contacts I should have/make, and what are some projects you've taken outside the boundaries of the school yard into the general public?

• pencilsandpalettes 09/16/2012 at 03:17pm
    Our art room sends student work to a local hospital to stay on display and helps positively affect the mood of patients.

We decorate real pine trees around Christmas with ceramic ornaments.

Also, we have a district-wide art show that is part of a festival which incorporates cultural events around the community.

• imagiNATION 09/23/2012 at 07:35pm
    We do an artist of the month in the newspaper. The newspaper people are clutch in community outreach. I also put artwork in the bank and at the local grocery store. Everyone eats!

• Jenncook678 09/24/2012 at 03:09am
    Thanks guys! Keep the ideas coming :)

• AmyHall 09/26/2012 at 03:37pm
    My school participates in our communities annual Martin Luther King Jr. day parade. Students make origami peace cranes to carry and pass out.
    We make ceramic bowls for an Empty bowl project in town to support the food pantry.
    We also display work at local restaurants and this year will have an off campus whole school art show at a gallery downtown.