Your email*

General [Question]

Art Tables

Started on Nov 29, 2012 by STLart
Last post on Feb 12, 2013

Any suggestions on quality classroom worktables? I have 8 tables that seat four students and they need to be replaced, probably over 30 years old. Shopping for new.

0 Keeps, 0 Likes, 5 Comments

• akornblum 12/04/2012 at 08:10am
    I have three large worktables (which are each made up of three small tables). Each worktable sits 8-10. I have them labeled table 1, table 2, table 3. So far this has worked well for my room - I sometimes have up to 28 students in the room at once. They each have plenty of space to work, it doesn't take up too much room, and it makes it easy to put out bins of materials.

• DcpArt 02/04/2013 at 04:25pm
    I have those big butcher block tables that can comfortably seat 4, but have accomodated 6 students at a time. They are nice and tall which over the years have helped my back tremendously! They have been sanded and refinished over the years and look wonderful each September.

• ArtEngine 02/09/2013 at 03:19pm
    I would look into tables designed for a Science lab. A smooth, durable, black top work surface would be an ideal!!

• ArtEngine 02/09/2013 at 03:21pm
    I also name my tables after artists. I try to vary them by gender, medium, style and geographic.

• bluegirljazz 02/12/2013 at 10:06pm
    I have the same type of tables that DcpArt described, the style is called the Hann table. I actually have them made instead of buying them from here: http://www.dickblick.com/products/hann-maple-top-art-table/

They will last you forever, the butcher block table top can take a beating from art classes and can easily be sanded down and shellacked over the summer. An investment, yes, but after the initial cost like I said they will last you forever.