Your email*

Inspiration [Question]

What else can be done with finger paints?

Started on Dec 23, 2012 by dreamstudio
Last post on Mar 01, 2013

I've just been given a number of jars of various colored finger paints that were ordered by mistake. I don't want to use them for finger painting. What other projects have you used finger paints for? I teach K and Gr. 1.

2 Keeps, 0 Likes, 6 Comments

• RuthByrne 01/03/2013 at 08:51am
    I wonder if they'd be any good at printing? probably too gooshy. since they have that transparent film thing going for them, they might be fun to use for eric carle style tissue painting.

• mrscmjones 01/09/2013 at 05:03pm
    Mix with soap flakes for an interesting texture to paint with.
    Lesson in symmetry by folding
    Creating patterns and printing using hand made stamps from found objects
    Teach color mixing in a baggy

• ArtKat0508 02/05/2013 at 06:01pm
    Take cardboard and cut the edge into different lines. Put the paint on the paper, hold the cardboard with the line down and pull/scrap designs.

• MrsImpey 02/06/2013 at 08:26am
    I honestly don't use finger paints that much...the kids would rather paint their hands at the sinks while washing than use finger paints, for some reason. When I do use finger paints, I like using it for color theory and color mixing with the Kinders. I like the Eric Carle idea and the paint scraping...I've seen that on Pinterest.

• ltcsig 02/18/2013 at 02:45pm
    Using finger paint, I had the students create their design on the back of a large lunchroom cookie sheet. (you could use ArtKat's idea) Then they made a monoprint of it. (I layed the paper on the painting and they rubbed, pulled and signed their print.
    We added a construction paper landscape (foreground and middle ground) over the top of these, using them as the background.

• missfinney 03/01/2013 at 08:58am
    You can do a "Starry Night"-esque painting with finger paints!