Your email*

Organization [Conversation]

Middle School Inquiry Based Learning???

Started on Feb 02, 2013 by MrsAuld
Last post on Feb 18, 2013

How are you using inquiry based learning in your classroom? Our school is embracing the idea of inquiry based learning across subject areas and I am looking for some help, resources even just conversation of how other art teachers are implementing inquiry based learning in their curriculum.

0 Keeps, 0 Likes, 3 Comments

• ArtEngine 02/09/2013 at 03:07pm
    As a supporter of Inquiry-Based learning, your learning objectives are meant to challenge students to observe, analyze and make connections. Therefore, my questions do not have “yes” or “no” answers. Rather than ask “what shape is this leaf?” I ask “what do you notice about the shape of this leaf?”. This allows every student to feel comfortable to share their ideas and also opens up the discussion for an endless amount of creative possibilities. Visit this link for clear, descriptive outline of teaching strategies. http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/concept2class/inquiry/index.html

• MrsAuld 02/17/2013 at 01:41pm
    Thanks for your input ArtEngine, I feel I have to start asking different questions to get this going in my classroom. A lot of the primary teachers at my school are already doing this. Thanks for the link too.

• gingerose 02/18/2013 at 05:08pm
    Thanks for the info. It is helpful even for other subject areas.