Your email*

Resources [Question]

Stories or resources for portraiture

Started on Mar 05, 2013 by RuthByrne
Last post on Apr 30, 2013

I'm wondering if you all know of any story books that address portraiture or self reflective art. I'm thinking of things like dePaola's "Art Lesson" but I'm looking for other options.

0 Keeps, 0 Likes, 3 Comments

• rachinator 03/31/2013 at 04:27am
    This may not be what you are looking for, but how about a power point with your own information and research? You can make it interesting with pictures and video clips....

• RuthByrne 04/01/2013 at 05:24am
    Thanks, Rachinator. I have all that lined up...I was just hoping for some "story" storybooks to being a little literature/autobiography into the unit.

• RVArtist 04/30/2013 at 08:09am
    Part of our VA SOL's is having Kindergartners create a self-portrait. I picked up a book somewhere over the years (maybe a garage sale) that is a cute and quick way to show the variety of portraits that have been created over time by different artist. The book is called "Portraits" and it is a First Discovery Art Book published by Scholastic. It is illustrated by Tony Ross and written by Claude Delafosse and Gallimard Jeunesse. It is small in size so I flip through it on my doc camera. Maybe you can find it on amazon.