Your email*

Organization [Question]

Report comments

Started on Mar 17, 2013 by tala23
Last post on Apr 17, 2013

The last art teacher only did report comments for students who got a A and D. The rest just got a grade. This year I want to give ALL the students a comment for their art. Is there a bank of comments for Art that people use? I would like some ideas in varying my comments.

2 Keeps, 0 Likes, 3 Comments

• rachinator 03/25/2013 at 02:55pm
    WELL, SO that I don't have to write a whole page of feedback for each kid, I use a rubric that clearly defines my expectations. There are 4 catergories that switch with five possible scores for each. IE Creativity (student uses their own ideas and imagery 80-100% of the time.... student uses their own ideas and imagery 60;79% of the time.... and so on.) I circle which one best exemplifies their project. This way they know they specifically got points off for creativity, work ethic, technical abililty etc. I sometimes add a quick note at the bottom, but the rubric relly helps slim down on the time grading, while giving them feedback.

• RuthByrne 04/16/2013 at 01:11pm
    Let me dig up some comments when I'm at my work computer. I did look up a bank of common comments to get some language about positive behaviors and character traits...google around report card comments. I have a few go tos for the art classroom though...I'll get back to you!

• RuthByrne 04/17/2013 at 12:19am
    Here they are:
    -___is an energetic and creative art student.
    -___works hard to complete his art projects
    -___is an enthusiastic art student
    -___is increasingly independent in art class
    -___is an independent art student with unique creative (or strong personal) vision for his/her art.
    -___brings creative solutions to visual problems
    -___has strong drafting skills
    -___'s sense of humor shines through in his creative compositions
    (More general character comments)
    -___is a confident and capable art student
    -___is an eager and helpful art student
    -___ is a helpful and kind art student
    -___ is an attentive and hardworking (diligent) art student
    -___ positive attitude lights up the art room!
    -___is an independent and reliable art student
    -___ is increasingly attentive/engaged/confident (fill in the adjective!)
    -___ has a positive attitude in art class.

That's that! I try to keep it personal, semi professional, but casual enough so the kids can read it and appreciate the comment. I do occasionally follow up a positive with a 'negative' comment such as
    -___could benefit from listening more carefully during demonstrations