Your email*

Courses [Question]

AP Art History

Started on Jun 12, 2013 by rachinator
Last post on Oct 13, 2013

Does Anyone currently teach AP Art History? How time intensive is the prep?

0 Keeps, 0 Likes, 2 Comments

• CoffeedrinkerAlpha 07/23/2013 at 02:35am
    I teach art history as a major component of 9th and 10th grade art. (At least for me) Its more time consuming than the 11th and 12th grade which are taught by theme. I break my lessons into five major sections, domestic life/ culture, artistic practice, follow up reading, technique, student application /comprehension questions and vocabulary. This requires a bit more research, finding/scanning digital slides and supplemental reading material. I find for me its a lot to remember without making detailed outlines and its a lot for the student to write notes for without a handout. They spend more time writing that looking at the art. Would they be using a art history text like Stokstad or Janson? I think it would make your job easier.

• Ms-Organized-Chaos 10/13/2013 at 01:09pm
    I find that when I'm talking with students or really adults about art history I use the book "The Annotated Mona Lisa" It gives a great overview that highschool students could absolutely understand and you can always supplement in with more pieces for students to view. It is an awesome resource that puts art history into much easier terms.