Your email*

Technology [Question]

Student Websites

Started on Jun 12, 2013 by rachinator
Last post on Jul 14, 2013

Do any of you use websites for your students to maintain and upload their work to? I am hoping to implement this as the way they turn in their work for my Drawing/Painting 3/4 kids. Ideas?

2 Keeps, 0 Likes, 4 Comments

• artcsara 06/12/2013 at 03:29pm
    I am looking to do this with my 3 and 4 students too. I think I am going to go with http://www.weebly.com for this coming school year. Each student can make their own site and it is free.

• rachinator 06/13/2013 at 10:18am
    Are you able to have control over the sites or access them through yours with ease? Other teachers I have talked to use wix.com, deviant, and flickr.

• artcsara 06/17/2013 at 03:43am
    Wix looks similar to weebly. I haven't used weebly yet in practice. I might look at wix a little closer. I like a lot of their layouts. I don't believe you have control over weebly, students make their own accounts. I'm only doing this with my art IV bunch but I may start it with art III too. So these are the students that are more serious about their art experiences.... I'm trusting they will maintain their site appropriately. I like the idea of an online portfolio they can "take" with them when the graduate.... And keep adding their work in college too.

• rachinator 07/14/2013 at 06:37am
    Update: At my AP Art Portfolio Training this summer, I found out that FLickr has groups that would work as well. This way you can have different groups for each of your classes that you can control. I am going to check it out!