Your email*

Experience [Conversation]

Student Art Shows!

Started on Mar 11, 2014 by The_smARTteacher
Last post on Apr 30, 2014

Share the who, what, when, where, and how of your student art shows!

2 Keeps, 1 Likes, 5 Comments

• RuthByrne 03/11/2014 at 01:20pm
    Who: K-4 students and parents
    What: Art on the walls, ice cream in the cafeteria, sculpture in the art room. 300-400 art works per grade
    When: Usually after spring break in April (put the show up over break)
    Where: My School
    How: Paste work by class and grade on large rolls of black kraft paper, then hang the paper on the cork stripping around the halls of the school.

I love the art show, its a crapload of work, but the kids take such pride in their work and the parents are so supportive of their efforts. We even have a special 4th grade exhibit of self portraits they have done over the past 4 years.

• dreamstudio 03/13/2014 at 10:37am
    We have a school wide Celebration of Growth during the second week of June and a display of the children's artwork is part of that celebration. In the past I have picked one class assignment to display which I felt showed their skill development, but I'm thinking that this year I will let the children choose which one or two pieces of artwork they want to display and write a short artists statement to go with at least one of them. I like the idea of a variety of work to look at. I am a part time art teacher so I don't want to make too much work for myself, but I'd like to see what the children choose as their best work.

• dreamstudio 03/13/2014 at 10:41am
    We have limited bulletin board space available for me to use for display so I will be taping artwork on the walls with masking tape. It all stays up for about one week so everyone can continue to celebrate and appreciate the work.

• RuthByrne 03/25/2014 at 07:09am
    I forgot to add my favorite part of my show (April 4th! AH!) I have the fourth graders (top of my school's food chain) act as tour guides at the show. This insures high attendance and gives the departing grade a lasting memory of their last art show.

• MollyRay 04/30/2014 at 06:54am
    Our middle school is holding a "Presentation Night" this year. It will include 6-8 artwork, science fair projects, ELP projects, wood shop projects, and generally anything else they have done this year that they want to display. Invitations are sent to students who are participating but everyone is invited.