Your email*

Development [Question]

Presenting at a Conference

Started on Apr 22, 2014 by MsAlkire
Last post on Apr 30, 2014

I am about to try and write up some proposals to present within my district and also at a conference soon. Have you ever presented before? What was your experience like and how did you prepare? Anything you would have done differently? Also if you could choose content of a session what would you like to see more of?

0 Keeps, 0 Likes, 1 Comments

• MollyRay 04/30/2014 at 06:51am
    I have presented in 2 states and a variety of conferences. The best advice I can give is to pick something you are very comfortable presenting. Prepare by talking to the people planning the conference to check what technology will be available, if there is a budget option for hands on projects, or if you can/need to charge a fee. As far as deciding what type of presentation to do, what are your strengths and what is the "atmosphere" of the conference. Is there a theme?
    My first presentation I looked up to start and my college art ed professor was sitting in the back row grinning at me! Made it even harder, until I got his compliment afterward! Presenting to art teachers is just like teaching the kids but better. We are there because we want to know what you are sharing and love creative new ideas! I follow the same lesson plan process for a presentation as well. Intro, demo, Q&A, practice, process. Even for "Boring" stuff like "How to use standards based grading in the art room".