Your email*

Organization [Question]

Artsonia

Started on Jun 28, 2014 by stealiedoo
Last post on Feb 08, 2016

What's everybody's take on Artsonia? I am contemplating starting it up. It seems like a lot of work for not that much return. I have a friend who does it and I swear all she does is upload pictures. ALL THE TIME. I'm not sure I have the time to do that. I just wonder if it is really worth all the effort.

1 Keeps, 1 Likes, 5 Comments

• svorrasi 07/09/2014 at 12:36am
    I use Artsonia and love it and so do the families at my school. If you have access to an iPad the Artsoinia app makes it a lot easier to upload art work. If you have an active parent community you might get a decent chunk of change in return for your work. I usually earn a couple hundred dollars to go back into my art program every year.

• RVArtist 09/01/2014 at 06:30am
    I am starting it again this year after taking a break. It looks like their iPad app is very user friendly... maybe ever friendly enough to get a few of my fifth graders to take the pictures!

• Mrsheinig 10/22/2014 at 09:58pm
    Initial set up/permission is time consuming but I have loved using it. The parents are more involved because they can see what the kids are doing and comment/participate. It takes me about 8 minutes to upload a class set of art and I think it is worth the time. The kids work hard on the projects and it is a great way to document them. They will have the account forever and can go back and look at all of their art!

• mrselmo 07/08/2015 at 04:02pm
    i love artsonia. I have the kids upload their work as they finish. Just print out the QR code and even my youngest students (kindergarten) can upload their work using our IPAD

• NancySnowK-5 02/08/2016 at 12:05pm
    I have had an Artsonia account for the last 6 years. Yes, starting takes some time to set everything up. But, maybe I'm crazy, I love to see my students work up on the site. Found it really helps to make art more important to parents.

If I post at least one piece of art per child each year...then I think I'm doing pretty good.
    I have asked for some volunteers this year to help with the photographing of art. We will see how that goes.