Your email*

Organization [Question]

First Week of High School Art

Started on Aug 11, 2014 by paintpeace
Last post on Nov 05, 2014

I start teaching Hgh School Art in two weeks. What are your ideas to start the year off, from seating, to ice breakers, to first projects, to explaining procedures. I am thinking of actually working with a textbook this year, and electronic sketchbooks (Art Rage App)

1 Keeps, 0 Likes, 5 Comments

• maritaf 08/18/2014 at 02:53am
    I do seating charts. Set up and strict, yet warm, environment. High schoolers are wonderful and most understand that rules are a must. I've switched from elem. to high school 3 years ago and really like it.
    The best books are, BRAVE ART, by Peterson, and Classroom Management for Art, Music, and PE Teachers, by Linson.

• paintpeace 08/18/2014 at 03:52pm
    Terrific feedback. Thanks. Strict, my challenge I embrace. Here goes. Best to you.

• Me1issa08 09/16/2014 at 07:25am
    We use PBIS in our school, so there is always a "cougar code" activity in the first days. Beyond that, I usually do projects that are pretty basic to gauge the skill level of my students.

• cartmoor 09/30/2014 at 04:19am
    I'm trying to find the book BRAVE ART but it won't come up in any of my searches. I didn't know that they had Classroom Management for Art, PE, Music

• paintpeace 11/05/2014 at 10:33pm
    I found it on Amazon, looks good...http://www.amazon.com/Brave-Art-Teens-Primer-Teacher/dp/1456493248