Your email*

Supplies [Question]

Labeling your Supplies

Started on Dec 18, 2014 by Me1issa08
Last post on Mar 18, 2016

How do you label your supplies so they don't walk away from your classroom (via students or other art teachers)? I'm a neat freak, so I don't really like the huge masking tape flags on the end of my stuff... but sharpie obviously doesn't work for everything. Advice appreciated!

1 Keeps, 0 Likes, 3 Comments

• MsAlkire 12/19/2014 at 09:35pm
    I'm having the same trouble too! I tried the ice cube trays for the erasers and had them all labeled by numbers so they would have to be put back or I'd see one missing, but it's hard to keep my mind focused on helping 30+ students and making sure they all get put away.... I really don't know what to do, but hopefully someone will have an answer!

• paintpeace 01/08/2015 at 07:54pm
    In middle school I had an enthusiastic volunteer who would have students sign out scissors, etc, and then sign them back in. I visited a HS art class and the teacher spray painted 8 sets of supplies, one for each table- table 1 was red, table 2 was orange, table 3 was yellow, etc. haven't had the umph to buy 8 cans of spray paint or set it up. Someday.

• lightARTed 03/18/2016 at 04:54am
    I teach elementary school and my kids love jobs so I assign responsible students in each class to be in charge and during clean up they count, check, clean, put away. For instance I have table captains, paintbrush washers, glue and scissor checkers, pencil sharpeners, etc...