Your email*

Curriculum [Question]

Which Art Videos do you show your class?

Started on Feb 05, 2015 by aricad
Last post on Feb 08, 2016

Looking for some good rated G art videos. I already have Meet the Artist and Dropping in Series with Puffer Want some videos to show when I have a sub. Looking for more real person videos. What videos have you shown your classes? I teach Jr. High

5 Keeps, 3 Likes, 4 Comments

• laurenisherself 02/08/2015 at 07:46am
    Andy Goldsworthy's "Rivers and Tides," is G-rated. It is a little "quiet," but I think its great for the students to see the process and sometimes failure of Goldsworthy when he works.

• lsouthard 05/04/2015 at 08:16am
    Mary Cassatt "American Impressionist" and Edgar Degas "Degas and the Dancers, Leonardo da Vinci"A Dream of Flight". put out by featured family films.

I show Degas first then Cassatt, because, Mr. Degas shows up in the Mary Cassatt video and the students recognize him from the first video. Mary Cassatt video show the influence that Degas had on her work, so it is nice for the students to already know who he is when showing her video.

The videos are storyline and not documentaries, do they hold the students attention more. I have used them for several years now. The students seem to like them.

I have tests made up on each video, so when I have a sub, the students know that it is art history day and they will have a test on the video when I get back.

I teach junior high.

• carolkoop 08/05/2015 at 08:53am
    I have found scholastic ART online to work well - it has a worksheet too.

• NancySnowK-5 02/08/2016 at 11:55am
    The Getting To Know The World's Famous Artists" series is wonderful. (on Dick Blick site)The videos are animated and hysterical and clever and keep the interest of elementary kids. I own Monet, Warhol and use them each year.

"Picasso,Making Faces" about Picasso and Cubism is also great.
    I save and show many videos from Youtube that are free. I use many children's literature read aloud videos for young classes and then work on their own illustration.