Your email*

Supplies [Question]

Crayola Color Sticks

Started on Mar 01, 2015 by dreamstudio
Last post on Jun 02, 2016

I recently received a sample of crayola color sticks and they seem like a great product. I would like to hear from any of you who have used them with your elementary classes. What do you think of them compared to crayons or colored pencils? I am considering including them in my next supply order.

0 Keeps, 0 Likes, 4 Comments

• lwelling 03/14/2015 at 07:24am
    I have one set per table. 10 sets. They last FOEVER, are bright and can be used on even black paper!! I am using them now with a mola project. The great thing is they never need to be sharpened like colored pencils.....those can be a pain keeping sharpened! They are virtually indestructible because they are so hard. I have had mine for years and kids are still enjoying them!!! I used mine mostly on projects with dark or colored paper, but they also work well on white. I say make the investment. You can check out my student's work on Artsonia. We are Cedar Creek Elementary in Lee's Summit, MO. You can also see their work on my blog at lindawelling.blogspot.com.

• mcwhitemr 05/07/2015 at 07:56am
    This is my first year. The art teacher before me loved the color sticks, so I tried them out with my students. I bought the class pack which is a TON of sticks!

My classes love them, especially fifth grade. They don't have to be sharpened, they do break but not easily, and are GREAT for the texture rubbing plates or laying down large areas of color. The only downside is the color range is smaller, but a great way to teach color mixing!

• RuthByrne 12/04/2015 at 06:42pm
    I stinking love my color sticks, and for the older kids, Koh-i-noor woodless colored pencils are worth the investment, they last and last and they are so easy to sharpen and the lead never falls out!!

• lightARTed 06/02/2016 at 11:38am
    My students and I love them so much I have stopped buying colored pencils and crayons all together!!! They do last forever! The first year I invested in the class pack and now I buy a few packs of the 24 set for additional colors. I break them half to distrubute them more evenly throughout the class. I have found that though Crayola art sticks are the cheapest, Prismacolor Art Stix have the better color. T