Your email*

Organization [Question]

Chairs or stools?

Started on Dec 27, 2015 by paintpeace
Last post on Apr 01, 2016

I want to start replacing my funky, uncomfortable, old school plastic chairs with something better for the art classroom. Stools allow students to turn thieir whole bodies and watch demonstrations. Chairs give supposed back support. What do you recommend? (As I write this, I realize I can ask my students)

1 Keeps, 1 Likes, 4 Comments

• RuthByrne 01/03/2016 at 06:47am
    Haha, the kids will definitely have an opinion! What age students visit the classroom?

• DebEittreim 01/26/2016 at 04:30pm
    And we are worried about the kids opinion? I would go for a combo of fold up metal chairs and stackable stools if possible. I have the metal chairs now and wish I had some stools

• NancySnowK-5 02/15/2016 at 03:25am
    I got rid of my stools early in my career because they are dangerous for K-3 students. Too many young kids toppled them over and had a hard time sitting on them properly.

• michellev71 04/01/2016 at 07:03am
    Working with middle school and high school students over the years, I would prefer stools, or chairs with the rolling wheels. Kids at my age level like to slouch in chairs which they cannot do with stools, and is more difficult in rolling chairs. They also like to push their hands against the table and put the weight on two legs of the chair and try to balance their weight. They tend to do this in any class with chairs. If I had to choose, I would definitely do stackable stools for 6-12 grade.