Your email*

Organization [Conversation]

High School Report Cards

Started on Apr 22, 2017 by paintpeace
Last post on Oct 05, 2018

I need a grading system which does not generate so much work for me-- grading 150 students work times 4-5 projects--at different skill levels-- what is excellent for one, is mediocre for another. I would like to find a system which doesn't turn into too much work for me. What do you do?

1 Keeps, 0 Likes, 2 Comments

• Art4Kids 08/19/2018 at 04:56pm
    Grading rubrics are the absolute best. I use a rubric where the student and I score the work based on the following criteria: Following directions/meeting project requirements, Creativity/Innovation, Craftsmanship, Effort/Attitude, Independent Work. You can see that 3 out of 5 components relate directly to the work and two components assess students' attitude and work ethic. Each component is worth up to 10 points; I break the scale down into exemplary (10), above average 9-8, 7-6 average, etc. This works well for me because as long as a kid has a good attitude and effort, he or she can earn a decent grade. Excellent work does not always earn an A if the kid demonstrates bad work habits (phone out, needing re-direction, etc.) I have never had a student argue about a grade. It's pretty straight forward. I have a comment section on the bottom for feedback (when I have time)

• paintpeace 10/05/2018 at 11:14pm
    Thank you! A nice straightforward rubric!