2 sessions; 60 minutes per session
1. SWBAT learn about primary, secondary, and tertiary colors.
2. SWBAT create a color wheel silhouette of their head.
1. Digital Camera
2. Printer paper
4. Cardstock paper (white)
5. Construction paper (black)
Need these materials? Visit Blick!
1. Against a plain background snap a profile headshot of the student.
2. Print the photo out on printer paper. Use a photo editing program to enlarge the picture if needed before printing.
3. Trim off the excess paper around the photo to make gluing easier.
4. Glue the picture to the cardstock.
5. Once dry cut around the picture leaving nothing but the profile of the student.
6. Flip the paper over. On the backside using a ruler and a pencil create 12 sections (pizza slices).
7. Color each section using crayons. (Yellow, yellow-orange, orange, red-orange, red, red-violet, violet/purple, blue-violet, blue, blue-green/teal, green, and yellow-green in that order.)
8. Glue your color wheel silhouette onto a sheet of black construction paper.