TLW demonstrate an understanding for various line types
TLW demonstrate an understanding for warm/cool colors
TLW create a stained-glass style self-portrait
TLW define abstract art
Line type posters
9 in x 12 in white paper
Posters of various abstract artists
1. Teacher will ask students to explain warm/cool colors to her (this should be a revisit project)
2. Teacher will ask students to come up to the board and demonstrate different line types (revisit)
3. Teacher will refer to the portrait exemplar on the board
4. Teacher will hold up posters about different abstract artists. S/he will ask students to compare and contrast the art.
5. Teacher will define abstract art
6. Teacher will complete a demo about how to do the exemplar art
7. Teacher will guide students in drawing a self portrait in pencil.
8. Teacher will hand out black markers
9. Student are to draw 4 types of line horizontally across art
10. Students are to write on each line going from the bottom of the previous line to the bottom of the current line: “My name is __________”
11. This needs to take up 4 lines. Help students judge accordingly.
12. Student will trace portrait
13. Student will color the face, neck, and shirt of portrait in warm colors, the background, eyes, and lips of the portrait in cool colors
1. Student completed work
2. Student used warm/cool colors
3. Students used warm colors for face, neck and shirt
4. Student used cool colors for background, eyes, and lips
5. Student used 4 different type of lines
6. Student colored neatly.