1. Select at least 3 items. Doesn't matter what they are.
2. Using a digital camera take a picture of the items grouped together. The placement is up to you.
3. From that photo on a sheet of drawing paper begin sketching out your architecture drawing. Take a look at the items you selected. Think about what they could become. Examples: The bumps on a Lego piece could be windows. A french curve could be the layout for a garden.
4. Once your sketch is done begin coloring your drawing with the mediums of your choice.
5. Print out a copy of the photo. Either attach it to the back of your drawing or mount both to a larger piece of paper or poster board.
Suggest students to give their drawing a theme. Use office supplies for a office building. Fruits for a restaurant.
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students use art materials and tools in a safe and responsible manner
[K-4] Students use different media, techniques, and processes to communicate ideas, experiences, and stories
[9-12 Proficient] Students apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks
[9-12 Advanced] Students communicate ideas regularly at a high level of effectiveness in at least one visual arts medium
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.