Your email*

Technology [Conversation]

No tec to low tec lessons?

Started on Apr 09, 2012 by hksnyder
Last post on May 11, 2012

Hi I have been teaching art for 10 years, all traditional medias. I am trying to infuse more tech in my lessons, digital photography etc. Any favortite programs/ lesson plans for Middle School you recommend?

4 Keeps, 0 Likes, 3 Comments

• AmyHall 04/11/2012 at 05:54am
    Hi -
    I like to use http://prezi.com/ to make presentations, I like this more than powerpoint.
    As far as lessons... we just did a forced perspective digital photography project to create Impossible Pictures, where students used digital cameras, both from home and ones I had at school, to create wacky pictures... one student eating another, someone stepping on someone else, someone's head on a flower.

• ArtfulArtsyAmy 04/13/2012 at 12:23pm
    I love prezi too! Here are some of my fav. sites:

edu.glogster.com -make interactive posters for projects

pixlr.com -a free online photo editor, similar to Photoshop elements

befunky.com -a free online photo editor that is great for fixing blemishes and placing filters on artwork.

fotoflexer.com -a free online photo editor that is boasted as the "best of the web" and it really is.

interactimage.com/ -a free online font generator with hundreds of selections. Students can save created text as jpgs for embedding into documents etc.

graffiticreator.net/ -a free online graffiti tag generator. You can create real graffiti effects.

One of my favorite ways to introduce to students to working with digital art technology is to use a simple collage project. I have shared a digital Arcimboldo project on SmARTteacher.com here: http://www.thesmartteacher.com/exchange/resource/226/Digital_Arcimboldo_Food_Faces_Using_Free_Online_Software

• RuthByrne 05/11/2012 at 11:19am
    Gimp is another free photo editing software that really mimics photoshop. I've used it with 3rd and 4th when I've been able to coach them 1 on 1. It isn't easy, but its worth exposing them to it.