Your email*

Planning [Question]

After School Art Lessons

Started on Jul 18, 2012 by lhARTz
Last post on Oct 29, 2013

I'm beginning a program (supported by my school!) to do after school art. It'll be 2x/week for 6 weeks. I want the projects to be more in-depth and focused primarily on one topic per 6 weeks. Any suggestions????

1 Keeps, 2 Likes, 2 Comments

• jfrisco 08/08/2012 at 11:12pm
    I did an art class this summer and focused on science
    (Leonardo da Vinci and simple machines), math (geometry) and literacy integration (critiquing art). Last year I also did a book club with my 5th graders using an art mystery book called "Chasing Vermeer". It was GREAT! One piece of advice if you do the book club is to read the book first. It will help you to guide the students through it. Also, you could pick up a lot of pentominoes to accompany the adventure you have along the way. Let me know if you need any more tips! Good luck! It will be fun.

• tholodak 10/29/2013 at 03:18pm
    Hi ! I am excited to start an after school K-4 art program at my school... but this is my first time doing so and I could use your help. If you have an after school art proposal or other documents to share, please hit me up! I am willing to trade my curriculum maps, lesson plans and smart board files. Looking forward to hear from you!