Your email*

Interest [Conversation]

Professional Goals Ideas

Started on Aug 13, 2012 by Crayonri
Last post on Aug 30, 2012

I am trying to come up with ideas for my SMART goals for the upcoming year. Last year my goal was to develop an online art gallery of student works - and I did with great success thanks to Artsonia. My goal is to continue this but I need to come with other ideas. Anyone have any ideas and suggestions?

3 Keeps, 1 Likes, 4 Comments

• ArtsoniaTiffany 08/15/2012 at 02:27pm
    So thrilled to hear that you had a successful year with your Artsonia gallery! Will you or your students have access to any new digital technology this year such as iPads? If so, perhaps a small goal would be to digitally "boost" your art room by learning/teaching a few of the wonderful apps that are now available!

• RuthByrne 08/24/2012 at 05:08am
    Perhaps start a blog? I have one with weekly challenges/drawing assignments, still working on the kids (K-4) actually visiting. Perhaps you could use the artsonia newsletter format instead to stay connected with your families.

• Jenncook678 08/28/2012 at 07:00pm
    My school is starting an inniative that encourages teachers to come up with professional growth goals within the context of a PLC model. They want us to meet with other teachers in our subject area (within the school or district) to come up with some common goals and assessments. It might be a good idea to see if you can collaborate with another teacher near you.
    My goals for this year are going to involve classroom management, inclusion and probably using this website as a PLC resource.

• jfrisco 08/30/2012 at 08:14pm
    Edmoto.com