Your email*

Interest [Group]

Elementary Art Collaborating

Started on Oct 04, 2012 by leopchica
Last post on Oct 14, 2012

Are there any other art teachers that are interested in video chatting with my classroom? I am open to many different ideas but it would be neat for older students to give a live demo to my elementary students on different art techniques. (ex: pottery wheel demo or metal casting)

1 Keeps, 0 Likes, 6 Comments

• MisterPP 10/04/2012 at 06:42pm
    What time zone are you in?

• MisterPP 10/04/2012 at 06:55pm
    to elaborate... I teach HS art in EST Mooresville, NC. We have Skype and Google+ Hangout capabilities. Our school day is from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

This semester I teacher Art 1, Art 2 and Graphic Arts. Next semester Art 1 and Ceramics. We are a 1:1 school district and proud of our technology so I know I would have all the help I needed to be able to connect with you.

• leopchica 10/04/2012 at 07:18pm
    This could be pretty cool! I would ideally like to let them hear about ceramics or metals but I am open to anything.... I teach elementary art in Pittsburgh, PA from about 9am-3:30pm . We are also on EST. What do you do in your Art 1 and Art 2 classes that would be interesting to young kids? We have an amazing program in our highschool but I would like to expose them to other people.
    We have really great technology also so we could skype or use google+ with the smartboard or we even have a large distance learning machine. MY principal is pushing me to do this so I should have the support I need.
    What do you mean by a 1:1 SD?

• MisterPP 10/05/2012 at 05:55am
    1:1 - all students grades 4-12 have their own Macbook Air laptop.

• AmyHall 10/07/2012 at 08:29pm
    the above comment just made may draw drop and hit the desk.... 1:1 macbook?? that's incredible!!

• RuthByrne 10/14/2012 at 06:17pm
    Pretty awesome situation and educational trend! Way to lead the way! I'd be happy to do an online critique or exchange with anyone who posts on the board. I teach k-4 from 8-2:30 EST, so probably not a great match for you, leopchica, if you're looking for advanced students to share information. Anyone else?