Your email*

General [Question]

High School Art Club Fundraisers

Started on Jun 05, 2013 by artcsara
Last post on Oct 03, 2013

I am taking on an art club next school year and was wondering what some successful fundraisers other art teachers have tried. I would like to utilize/showcase the creative talents of the art club members in the fundraiser if possible. Any thoughts?

2 Keeps, 0 Likes, 7 Comments

• ShannaLeigh 06/06/2013 at 04:24am
    I am beginning an Art Club and would benefit from the same information.

• RuthByrne 06/06/2013 at 12:29pm
    I don't have any great insights, but I might think of selling note cards with their work on it, you could purchase them through artsonia and receive a percentage of the sale, then mark them up for the fundraiser.

• cmbmorgan 06/10/2013 at 11:36pm
    This year we raised money by painting or up cycling chairs. The kids had a great time and it didn't cost anything because we had chairs and paint donated.

• artcsara 06/12/2013 at 12:39pm
    I like both ideas. Both would be great as a side area at our art show where people could purchase those items. Thanks!

• rachinator 06/12/2013 at 01:49pm
    I have had an art club for 6 years and we have done the following:
    Candy fundraiser- $500-$700 profit with 20 students selling
    Talent Show- $500 in one night (charge $3 and sell concessions)
    Carnations delivered on Valentines day- eh about $150 profit and so not worth the work....
    Painting faces- Also not large profit... $25?
    Another neighboring school of mine raised a few thousand dollars selling student work at a "gallery" opening they had. She had local businesses donate food. Students dressed up etc. You do have to realize that many of the purchases came from parents buying their own child's work, so if you work in a school with little parent involvement or low socio--- this won't be so great either.
    We sold buttons one year- Small profit, but the kids had a great time making their artwork into things that people could buy and wear. Only problem, if you have to buy your own button press... it probably won't profit in the first year. They are a couple hundo. My school just happened to have one!

• Ms-Organized-Chaos 08/11/2013 at 10:56am
    I have to second an artsonia account. It's a great way to get your students work out there, as well as a fundraiser. Also, consider an art auction. Partner up with your PTA, find a local location, you'd be surprised how much you can raise! Feel free to contact for more questions!