Primary and elementary students will...
• define the term “complementary colors.”
• use a visual reference to create art.
• experiment with overlapping.
• experience imagery that goes beyond the borders of painting.
• use paintbrush techniques for detail work.
• become aware of negative space.
• White 9" x 12" construction paper
• Half-inch-thick household sponges, cut into a variety of life-sized poinsettia leaf shapes
• Custom-mixed tempera paints in various colors, including yellows, greens, reds and white
Need these materials? Visit Blick!
Download the attached PDF of lesson.
Proportion/Size, Color/Value, Balance, Shape, Space, Unity/Harmony