1. Students are introduced to foreshortening through students and masters works.
2. Students practice foreshortening by doing figure drawing studies of their peers.
3. Student photograph each other in poses that push the foreground. They should chose and object or pose that reflects themselves as this is a self portrait (paint brush or football in hand).
4. Students choose the image they want printed and the teacher prints 8 by 10 in black and white.
5. Student chooses media and size of artwork.
6. Optional grid
7. Student completes the project (optional in process critique with teacher or peers)
8. Student and teacher complete rubric.
See attached rubric.
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[9-12 Proficient] Students apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks
[9-12 Advanced] Students initiate, define, and solve challenging visual arts problems independently using intellectual skills such as analysis, synthesis, and evaluation
Visual Arts Standard 2: Using knowledge of structures and functions
[9-12 Advanced] Students demonstrate the ability to compare two or more perspectives about the use of organizational principles and functions in artwork and to defend personal evaluations of these perspectives