Drawing project using observational drawing and surrealism techniques.
Class/Unit: Drawing I/Surrealism Eye
Essential Question: What is surrealism and how can I incorporate it into my drawing?
Focus Standard: 3, 4, 12
1. Students will be able to apply technical skills learned in observational drawing of the eye.
2. Students will be able to Learn about surrealism and apply techniques to drawing.
3. Students will be able to successfully create a realistic drawing of their eye with the application of a surrealistic technique.
4. drawing supplies (pencil, color pencils)
5. AN IMAGINATION!
1. Students will go through the SmartBoard lesson on surrealism and the 6 ways to show surrealism
2. Project is introduced using PowerPoint that explains process and outcomes including a rubric
3. Students practice drawing their eye using a mirror
4. Students work up a sketch/plan for their final project and must include at least one method of showing surrealism
5. Students work on final paper to create strong proportion and shading to show realism -- teacher may use camera to take photo to help student
6. Addition of surrealism to eye
Students will be assessed based on the attached rubric.
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[9-12 Proficient] Students apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks
[9-12 Advanced] Students communicate ideas regularly at a high level of effectiveness in at least one visual arts medium
Visual Arts Standard 5: Reflecting upon and assessing the characteristics and merits of their work and the work of others
[9-12 Advanced] Students correlate responses to works of visual art with various techniques for communicating meanings, ideas, attitudes, views, and intentions