1. Talk about shape. Define the difference between geometric, organic and free form shape.
2. Students practice drawing geometric shapes.
3. Talk about the proportions of the body. 8 heads high, the middle is the waist ...
4. Students draw and color a robot using at least 3 different geometric shapes.
5. Finish by making a background so we know where the robot lives!
Exit slip questions.
Name or draw the 3 shapes you used.
Name your robot.
Write a few sentences about your robot.
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students use different media, techniques, and processes to communicate ideas, experiences, and stories
[K-4] Students use art materials and tools in a safe and responsible manner
Visual Arts Standard 2: Using knowledge of structures and functions
[K-4] Students know the differences among visual characteristics and purposes of art in order to convey ideas
Visual Arts Standard 3: Choosing and evaluating a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas
[K-4] Students select and use subject matter, symbols, and ideas to communicate meaning
Visual Arts Standard 6: Making connections between visual arts and other disciplines
[K-4] Students identify connections between the visual arts and other disciplines in the curriculum
Contrast, Line, Shape
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.