1. SWBAT create portraits of the artist Pablo Picasso in the same style that he used for his.
1. Bristol board or watercolor paper
2. Markers or ink pens
3. Watercolors or acrylic
4. Crayons or colored pencils
Need these materials?
1. Show students examples of portraits by Pablo Picasso and have a discussion about the artist and cubism.
2. Using google images or books find a photo of Picasso to use as reference.
3. In pencil sketch out the reference photo that was chosen in the same style that Picasso did. When it comes time to color it, don't worry about perfection. Use multiple colors from different mediums to achieve the look you are going for.
Visual Arts Standard 1:
Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students use different media, techniques, and processes to communicate ideas, experiences, and stories
[K-4] Students use art materials and tools in a safe and responsible manner
[K-4] Students know the differences between materials, techniques, and processes
[5-8] Students intentionally take advantage of the qualities and characteristics of art media, techniques, and processes to enhance communication of their experiences and ideas
Visual Arts Standard 2:
Using knowledge of structures and functions
[K-4] Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas
Visual Arts Standard 4:
Understanding the visual arts in relation to history and cultures
[K-4] Students identify specific works of art as belonging to particular cultures, times, and places
[5-8] Students know and compare the characteristics of artworks in various eras and cultures
Abstract Art, Cubism
Crayon, Acrylic, Colored Pencil, Drawing, Marker, Mixed Media, Watercolor