PART 1 -- SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT
1. Have a discussion with the class on texture while also giving them a short demonstration of texture rubbing. Once students have a better understanding about texture move on to step 2.
2. With a crayon and a sheet of paper students will go around the classroom hunting down textures. This could even be turned into a scavenger hunt.
PART 2 -- SCHOOL OR HOME ASSIGNMENT
3. Students will draw an animal and ink it with a black sharpie. Then color it using texture rubbings. (You can fill the space in with markers or watercolor first before going over it with a texture rubbing to give it a two tone look.)
PART 3 -- HOME ASSIGNMENT
4. Just like in step 2. students will go around their house and create at least 6 texture rubbings on a sheet of paper.
5. Using your imagination draw a creature and color it using texture rubbings.
Colored Pencil, Crayon, Drawing, Marker
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.