6 sessions; 60 minutes per session
Explore the potential of the artistic process of tempera resist painting.
1. Large black construction paper
(Recommendation 18" x 24")
2. White chalk
3. Tempera paint
4. India ink
5. Mod Podge
Need these materials? Visit Blick!
1. Artist uses chalk to create their image outline.
2. Artist applies at least 4 layers of tempera paint onto the unchalked portions of their artwork. (Note: areas that are not completely painted will turn black after the ink is applied.)
3. After all layers of tempera paint have dried, the artist coats their artwork with black India ink.
4. To finish their artwork, the artist softly scrubs the surface of their paper to reveal the colors used throughout the tempera paint process.
5. Artist may choose to seal their finished work with Mod Podge.
Abstract Expressionism, Abstract Art, Arts and Crafts Movement, Contemporary Art, Expressionism, Fauvism, Folk Art
Balance, Color/Value, Contrast, Emphasis, Line, Proportion/Size, Shape, Texture, Unity/Harmony
Chalk, Ink, Tempera