1. Students create their Bitmoji to scale with paper.
2. Students use paper Bitmoji as a template to construct their clay Bitmoji.
3. Students use slab dowels to aid in rolling out consistent clay slabs.
4. Students place paper Bitmoji parts onto clay slabs and trim clay to paper.
5. Students slip, score, and mend, clay slab pieces together to construct their Bitmoji.
6. Students consider the importance of layering their slab pieces to create physical depth and greater interest.
7. Students clean their constructed Bitmoji, and allow clay to dry to the Greenware state.
8. Greenware projects are fired in a kiln.
9. Bisqueware projects are glazed with Amaco Teacher's Palette glaze.
10. Students mix glaze to match their skin-tone and hair-tone.
11. Glazed bisqueware is fired in a kiln.
One general rule I try to emphasis with my students for the best results would be they spend equal time on construction and glazing.
For example, if a student takes 5 days to construct their clay Bitmoji, they should take 5 days to glaze their Bitmoji as well.
Contemporary Art, Pop Art
Color/Value, Proportion/Size, Shape
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.