1. Students investigate the variation of insects that exist.
2. Students use their insect investigation as inspiration to create their own Zentangle insect for a school-wide bug collection.
3. Students sketch their insect.
4. Students trace their insect with black marker.
5. Students apply color to their insect.
6. Students design a border around the edge of their insect.
7. Students add their insect to the school-wide insect collection on the display in their elementary school.
Consider where the insect collection will be displayed before students begin creating their insects.
Creating a large scale 'bug box' to contain the school-wide collection of insects is a great way to creatively exhibit each students' artwork.