1. Students discuss the anatomy of a hot air balloon, and how a hot air balloon operates.
2. Students discuss how to depict space in their drawings. Students will understand the difference between foreground, middle ground, and background.
3. Students will draw multiple hot air balloons floating off into the distance of their drawing on 16" x 24" paper with a pencil first.
4. Students will trace their pencil lines with a black marker.
5. Students will decide which colors they would like to use to make their hot air balloons stand out in their drawing. [It is recommended that students use either colored pencils or markers to add color onto their drawing.]
6. Students carefully apply color to their drawing with either colored pencils or markers.
Space, Proportion/Size, Color/Value
Colored Pencil, Drawing
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.