2 sessions; 60 minutes per session
1. SWBAT create bookmarks using art materials of their choice.
1. Paper (recycled cardboard, cardstock, watercolor paper, etc.)
4. Markers, paints, crayons, etc.
5. Glitter, ribbons, cotton balls, etc.
6. Hole puncher (optional)
Need these materials? Visit Blick!
This is a fairly simple lesson plan. Since students can use any materials they want; there is no wrong way to do this project.
1. Cut paper into aleast 2 x 6 inch strips.
2. Using the desired art materials start designing your bookmarks. Use a hole puncher if you plan on adding a ribbon.
As time goes on begin experimenting with different art materials, styles, and bookmark shapes.
Pop Art, Op Art, Fauvism, Dadaism, Cubism, Arts and Crafts Movement, Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Abstract Art
Texture, Rhythm/Pattern, Contrast, Color/Value
Drawing, Crayon, Colored Pencil, Collage, Acrylic, Ink, Marker, Mixed Media, Painting, Paper, Watercolor