1. Hand out the cover page.
-Create collage on front, self portrait, or just have students fill out cover however they choose.
2. Show examples of past art books
3. Once cover is finished hand out the rest of the drawing packets.
4. Students will collate pages
5. Bind together using yarn (double knot to secure)
Did student complete creating their art book?
Was student successful in binding book together?
1. Students can either use prompts on the front to draw their idea.
(For students who initially struggle with coming up with their own ideas).
2. I allow students to modify prompts if they want.
3. On the back of prompt pages they may use their own ideas.
4. I also use back pages for any skill-building we do in class.
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students use different media, techniques, and processes to communicate ideas, experiences, and stories
[K-4] Students use art materials and tools in a safe and responsible manner
[K-4] Students know the differences between materials, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students describe how different materials, techniques, and processes cause different responses
Visual Arts Standard 2: Using knowledge of structures and functions
[K-4] Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas
Visual Arts Standard 3: Choosing and evaluating a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas
[K-4] Students select and use subject matter, symbols, and ideas to communicate meaning