1 session; 40 minutes per session
1. SWBAT draw a item from a photo completely from memory.
2. Markers, pens, or colored pencils
3. Reference photo chosen by someone else
Need these materials? Visit Blick!
1. Have a friend or family member choose a photo of an item for you to draw.
2. For one or two minutes study the photo. Try to remember as much as you can about the item. After your two minutes are up put away the photo.
3. Begin drawing the item in the photo.
4. Once done compare the two. How close was your drawing to the photo?
I find that the weirder the item the more interesting the drawings turn out.
Shape, Rhythm/Pattern, Line, Form, Contrast, Color/Value, Balance
Ink, Graphite, Drawing, Digital, Crayon, Colored Pencil, Acrylic, Marker, Mixed Media, Paper, Watercolor