1. Students will see examples of James Rizzi artwork. 2D and 3D. Talk about the personality that he gives his buildings by adding eyes and other personal things,
2. Students will deign their building in their sketchbooks.
3. After they have a good idea, they will pick the food box and get the size paper that will fit all the way around. ( I have my students pick the food box first, them wrap the paper around it to create the corners)
4. FOLD each corner so they know where the wall end. They should have 4.
5. They can start to redraw the "face of each side of the building. I have them do it in pencil, then outline with black sharpie
6. after it is outlined with black they can pick the medium to color in with.
7. glue it to the box.
Ask each other what personality your building has?
What is the difference with shape and form?