1 session; 50 minutes per session
1. SWBAT create personal works of art inspired by the book "10 Black Dots".
2. SWBAT apply scissor safety rules & use glue properly.
3. SWBAT identify a circle.
1. Book: 10 Black Dots by Donald Crews or YouTube Read aloud
2 .10 Black Dots Handout
5. 9x12 Manila Paper
6. Drawing Media: Markers, Crayons
Need these materials? Visit Blick!
1.Read or Show “10 Black Dots” by Donald Crews
Discuss & brainstorm ideas students could do
2.Pass out manila drawing paper or have them laid out & have students find their seats.
3. Review Scissor Safety & How to use glue: Dot, Dot Not a Lot!
4.Hand out Black Dots: Students cut out dots & use as needed for their artwork
5.Review how to use markers – Make those lids SNAP or use crayons
6.Handout rest of supplies: coloring media
7.Remind students to check name & grade on artwork
1. Did student use supplies properly?
2. Did student cleanup properly?
3. Did student complete assingment?
This is a great lesson for K-1st & for beginning of the year.
I prefer using manila paper but white paper works as well.