1. Teacher will share the photograph Revenge of the Goldfish by Sandy Skoglund. (5 min)
- Discuss what they see.
- Introduce colors, shapes
2. Demo how to use the the template to trace the mouth of the fish on the paper plate with a pencil and cut out the mouth. Also, show them how to color in the top and bottom with a line for their fish tank. (5 min)
- Have students do the same. (15 min)
3. While students are doing that I would go around and help them with a glue bottle and glue down their fish bodies to the blue construction paper for the background.
1. Review the previous learning. (5 min)
2. Demo how to tear their construction paper to make scales, kelp forest, and other details. (5 min)
- have students work do the same.
- they can share details for adding to their fish tanks.They can draw them in.
3. I allow students to take their work home at the end of class.
1. Students would have a ticket out the door for questions when they line up.
2. Did they also create a collage that shows shapes, and colors?
1. I have pieces of leftover construction paper for students to use on their projects.
2. Small paper plates are available at your grocery stores. They sell them in packs of over 100. Great for large numbers in elementary school.
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students know the differences between materials, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students use art materials and tools in a safe and responsible manner
Visual Arts Standard 3: Choosing and evaluating a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas
[K-4] Students explore and understand prospective content for works of art
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.