1. Explain the project and introduce poetry. Tell students they will make a poem using random words, and that the poem will not make sense.
2. Have them glance down the book page and circle random words that POP out to them. Tell them to have at least 7 words.
3. after the words are approved they will black out all the other words.
4. Write the poem on a small paper and mount the book page and the poem onto a colored piece of construction paper. I had my students make a stamp and create a frame with it around the paper.
This took 2 days.
5. Plan artwork to go with the poem. I give my students the option of doing a drawing, painting or paper sculpture.
Can you read your poem?
How well does the artwork reflect the poem?
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students know the differences between materials, techniques, and processes
[5-8] Students select media, techniques, and processes; analyze what makes them effective or not effective in communicating ideas; and reflect upon the effectiveness of their choices
Visual Arts Standard 2: Using knowledge of structures and functions
[K-4] Students use visual structures and functions of art to communicate ideas
Color/Value, Contrast, Movement
Colored Pencil, Marker, Painting, Printmaking
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.