3. glue sticks
4. various colors of paper
5. planning sheet (see attachment)
6. Various materials to create final artwork with (student choice)
Need these materials? Visit Blick!
1. Introduce collage and how to use the area! Clean up and gathering of materials.
Introduce rex ray and warm and cool colors. CONTRAST.
2. watch video https://youtu.be/JK_7fTHTGSg
3. Talk about how he just creates the collage with out too much thought, put the critic to bed! Also point out the negative shapes he uses.
4. Have students pick ONE shape, show them how to make a NEGATIVE shape from cutting their shape out.
Have them create 3-5 collages from magazines, like Ray did.
Have students pick favorite collage.
2. Do the planning sheet (see attached) They can change the colors, we don't care about the color, its all about the design and the shapes! this is the time to decide if the design needs more or less. For example,they may need more variety in the sizes of the shapes. or they need another shape to add interest.
3. I have them test and practice using the materials they picked to create their final work, to end this session.
Day 3 and 4
1. Ask them what materials they should use first, discuss the process.
2. They can start the final art using the materials of their choice.