1. Examples and video is shown explaining Blind Contour.
2. Teach will live demo Blind Contour drawing, by drawing their hand.
3. Students will try blind contour and draw their hands in various positions (they must have at least 4 different hand drawings).
4. Examples are shown using Continuous Line Contour.
5. Students will try Continuous Line Contour and draw their hands in various positions (they must have at least 4 different hand drawings).
6. We will have a discussion about what makes up a good composition and examples will be shown.
7. Students will pick their favorite 4 drawings to create an interesting composition on their paper. They will be shown how to transfer their drawings onto the paper. They can use a light box, a window or scribble on the back of their drawing using pencil and then trace on top to transfer the graphite.
8. Their must be at least 4 hands on their paper but they can add more if they are small. Hands must not float on the paper and there should be several areas where the hands overlap each other.
9. Once transferred the hands will be traced over with black sharpie and pencil lines are erased.
10. Slideshow and examples of Zentangles are shown. Students will practice 6 Zentangles on a practice sheet.
11. Students will now add Zentangles to their hand compositions. They should have at least 10 different Zentangles and they will be placed on the paper everywhere but inside the hands.
12. Students must use 3 analogous colors for their Zentangles. They can draw directly with the markers or they an use pencil first and then erase the pencil lines. The entire paper must be filled.
Students will be assessed based on the attached rubric.
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[9-12 Proficient] Students apply media, techniques, and processes with sufficient skill, confidence, and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks
[9-12 Proficient] Students conceive and create works of visual art that demonstrate an understanding of how the communication of their ideas relates to the media, techniques, and processes they use
Visual Arts Standard 2: Using knowledge of structures and functions
[9-12 Proficient] Students create artworks that use organizational principles and functions to solve specific visual arts problems