Students will create a collage of their goals for the new year. It was very popular with my high school students.
3 sessions; 45 minutes per session
1. SWBAT emphasize content in their collage.
2. SWBAT use a variety of the elements and principles of art to complete their collage.
3. SWBAT see the "power" of bringing forth, in a visual, their positive intentions and goals for the new year
4. SWBAT experience the creative process as their work changes and evolves while they are working on it.
1. Cardboard or sturdy surface (9"x12" minimum)
2. Colorful calendars, magazines
3. Scissors and glue (stick)
4. A receptacle for cut out scraps that will be recycled (and not left on floors or desks)
1.Look through random magazines looking for photos, pictures and words which spark joy for you.
2.Neatly cut them out in various sizes and shapes.
3.Arrange them on the board in different layouts until you are satisfied with how it looks.
Carefully glue the edges from the back and paste down, starting with the largest shapes.
4.Try to cover all the white space, overlapping pieces, and adding colored paper pieces.
5.Attach the smallest pieces and all the words.
1.Find words and pictures that make you feel good. Vary the sizes and SHAPES in images.
2.Choose a DOMINANT color or color scheme (warm colors OR cool colors)
3.Arrange content thoughtfully- large shapes of color and texture in the background.
4.Use TWO growth statements (I am, I can, I will)
5.Use at least 8 images and at least 4 words, which spark joy, inspire you and remind you what YOUR goals, and dreams are for the year.