1. Explain the concept of still life. Students should look at pictures of still life drawings and/or YouTube videos that demonstrate or talk about still life. Then...
2. Go to your room!
3. Look around and choose a few of your favorite things. Arrange them in a special way that looks good to you. Can you tell a story with these objects or place them in a funny way?
4. Study each object very carefully and draw what you see. OBSERVATIONAL SKILLS!!!!
5. It is very important to draw lightly so you can erase mistakes.
6. If you have time you could color your artwork or simply shade in the darker areas with a pencil.
7. Sign your masterpiece. Sign your name on the bottom in small letters.
8. Optional: Take a photograph of your still life set up so if you want to spend a lot of time on your drawing you can look at the photo to help you.
You may want to show some still life paintings from classic artists but the following contemporary artists provide some more interest, humor and story telling.
Check out these artists...
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.