1. introduce landscapes. show examples. Explain how fore, mid and backgrounds create depth in the picture.
Demo drawing some landscapes using 1 point perspective.
2. Have students practice drawing different landscapes, with fore, mid and backgrounds.
3. Students will pick white or black paper to draw on with the chalks. LIGHTLY draw the lines for the landscapes. Use shapes to describe things like trees and rivers.
4. Do a demo on using the chalks and blending to make value changes.
5. Have students pick 3 different values for green, or they can use a yellow on a green for a different value. WE PRACTICE first on small black paper to do a pine tree in 3 different values. Start with the light value.
6. Once they are ready have them color in their drawings.
7. We laminate ours so they don't smudge!
Do you have value changes that create a 3d look?
Do you have fore, mid and background?
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[K-4] Students use art materials and tools in a safe and responsible manner