1. Students will pick a photo of an animal face
2. Practice drawing it just by seeing the main shapes, no detail.
3. Fold the photo in half horizontal and in half vertical.
4, Divide the large black paper into 4 quadrants.
5. Draw the main shapes of the animal face from each of the 4 sections to make it a little easier.
6. Use black to go over the pencil lines.
7. Paint the animal in using different values of color to create depth.
How many different values do you see?
Visual Arts Standard 1: Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes
[5-8] Students intentionally take advantage of the qualities and characteristics of art media, techniques, and processes to enhance communication of their experiences and ideas
Visual Arts Standard 3: Choosing and evaluating a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas
[5-8] Students integrate visual, spatial, and temporal concepts with content to communicate intended meaning in their artworks
Color/Value, Contrast, Texture
You must be logged in to keep, like, or comment on this resource.